Saturday, February 9, 2019

The end of the road, and the end of the discussion...

The End of The Road tour has certainly made for some interesting times.  Be it the times, the ease of social media, or the excitement of the tour itself, images, reactions, and gossip spread across all platforms in real time.  Good or bad, supportive or destructive, this tour has made for interesting times indeed.
In everything I have done on IT'S ALL FOR YOU DEMON, I have always tried to maintain a positive vibe.  IAFYD was created to celebrate the FUN of being a KISS Fan.  No dirt.  No scandal.  No picking sides.  No 'he's right', or 'he's wrong'.  No trash.  I celebrate all lineups, all era's, all FUN.
That being said, I felt the need to put pen to paper...
PAUL STANLEY.  The man who wrote some of my all time favorite songs.  "Strutter", "Love Gun", "Mr. Speed", "Sure Know Something", "Tears Are Falling", and "Long Way Down".  The ultimate rock star.  The ultimate front man.  The ultimate guitarist.  The man who lit a fire in my soul when I was 15, and made me want to be a rock star.  That's pretty heavy when you think about it.  A nobody kid, from a small town in Missouri, discovering a passion, rearranges his life, thanks to the talent of a kid from Manhattan.  I didn't do anything with my dream, but Paul Stanley did.  He worked tirelessly, he didn't listen to critics, and he built an empire called, KISS.  He has achieved his dream.  He has nothing more to prove, especially to the critics.
Paul Stanley could sing better at the age of 22 than most of us could ever do.  He could sing better at the age of 40 (REVENGE) than I could have at the age of 19, let alone the age of 40.   Paul Stanley is now 67 years old, and he is living more of a life, than most of us could ever dream.  Touring, painting, working, writing, and creating.  These are the reasons, I have always looked up to Paul Stanley.  He is the ultimate rock star.  The ultimate front man.  The ultimate leader of the band.
You can say whatever you want about Paul Stanley.  The fact is, he won't be going to work 9-5 tomorrow, like you or me.  He's a rock star.  We are not.
Nothing can make me not appreciate this musician, his talent, his craft, and the joy he has brought into my life.
Thank you Paul Stanley.  You make being a KISS fan fun.

No comments: