Monday, August 16, 2010

FINDING MY TALISMAN #4..


As music became my outlet, I grew closer to bands that had a little more to offer than just hooky singles and clever 45‘s. The first of which to catch such attention was QUIET RIOT.  They were not only musicians with catchy songs; they were a band who gave their songs energy through the use of imagery.  The videos, the mascot, the album covers, all were a little creepy, a little sinister, and a little left of center; the kind of thing that would make your mom cringe, which meant the world to a nine year old kid. The METAL HEALTH LP cover made its way into my closet as my first ever ‘rock and roll‘ T-shirt. A black and white ringer tee, bought at the Gift Horse Novelty Shop in the St. Joe Mall for $6.99, what I would not give to be able to find that again?  The QUIET RIOT bug stuck with me, for some 26 years later, that very album cover sparked an idea for a pretty sweet Halloween costume.  Life is good…even for a nerd.




No comments: